The UCI-IVC Engineering Academy is a partnership between Irvine Valley College and the UCI Samueli School of Engineering. High school senior students who apply to the UCI Samueli School of Engineering and receive an invitation letter from Irvine Valley College are eligible to be in the UCI-IVC Engineering Academy.
Academy Eligibility Requirements:
- Complete seven UC transferable courses, with a grade of C or better in each course:
- Two courses in English composition (Writing 1/1H, Writing 2/2H)
- One course in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning (Math 3A/3AH)
- Four courses in at least two of the following areas: the arts and humanities, the social and behavioral sciences, or the physical and biological sciences (IGETC Area 3, 4 or 5)
- Earn a grade of B or better in each of the required major preparation courses
- May be eligible for a certificate and/or associate degree in engineering topics at Irvine Valley College
- Satisfy all of the TAG application requirements and submit a TAG application to UCI and declare a primary major within the Samueli School of Engineering. Information about TAG applications, including forms, application deadlines and qualifications is available online at https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/.
- Transfer admission to the UCI Samueli School of Engineering in the following majors*:
- Aerospace Engineering**
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering Premed
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering**
- Reserved class seating for major courses such as math, chemistry, physics, and computer science, in addition to writing courses during the first year of enrollment
- Transfer to the UCI Samueli School of Engineering with junior standing status for most students
*Admission to University of California, Irvine (UCI) will be based on your academic performance at Irvine Valley College (IVC) as well as the successful completion of a standard certificate containing UC-transferable engineering courses. Admission into UCI Engineering programs is guaranteed only if all TAG requirements are met for the student’s intended major
**While the Samueli School fully intends to make all of the majors listed available to students in the UCI-IVC Engineering Academy, occasionally certain majors become impacted due to very high demand. Although this is unlikely, you may want to have in mind a second-choice major, particularly if your intended major is Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.