The UC Irvine Pathways to Engineering Collaborative Program is funded by the National Science Foundation. This scholarship program was established to recognize the academic achievement and potential of low-income students who aim to earn their bachelor’s degree in engineering. The program aims to increase the number of low-income transfer students to graduate with an engineering baccalaureate degree and enter the STEM workforce/graduate school.
Students in the S-STEM program will join a cohort of like-minded students to participate in co-curricular activities such as a summer bridge program, advising, mentoring, tutoring, academic and career workshops, and industry and research internships. For those that apply and are accepted into the program, students are eligible to receive annual scholarships up to $6,500 per year for 2 years at IVC and up to $10,000 per year for 2 years at UC Irvine.
As a scholarship recipient students are expected to:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.7
- UC TAG requirements currently mandate a 3.4 minimum GPA for transfer
- Complete all program evaluations
- Meet with your counselor at least once per semester
- Meet with faculty and peer mentors throughout the academic year
- Participate in academic and career workshops
- Must be enrolled in 6 or more units as an engineering transfer student at IVC
- Maintain at least a GPA of 2.7 or higher while attending IVC
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, permanent resident, or aliens admitted as refugees.
- Must demonstrate financial need as defined by IVC Financial Aid and Scholarships Office and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To apply, please complete the following steps:
- Apply to IVC and get a student ID number
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and add Irvine Valley College's Title IV School Code 025395 on the application
- Complete and submit the online NSF S-STEM Scholarship Application
If you have any questions about the NSF S-STEM Scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about Financial Aid, please visit https://www.ivc.edu/financial-aid/.